Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pioneer Day

Last week I spontaneously decided to take the girls to the 24th of July "Float Preview Party" at the South Towne Expo Center. I had heard about it on TV and decided it was a nice air-conditioned alternative to a traditional parade. We had never been before, but I was pleasantly surprised! Maddie loved looking at all of the floats, and they even had free face-painting and balloons. I was completely impressed by all of the details in so many of the floats. I think we'll make this a tradition, and I highly recommend it to anyone else!





3 comments:

Smith Family said...

how fun! next year remember to invite us. We'd love to go with you if we're in town.

Growinguptogether said...

What a grea idea, I think our boys would like that better then a parade. I love your hair, at first it made me want to do it, but then I guickly remembered that I live in a ponytail.

Anonymous said...

Aaron and Amanda: Just discovered your blog (linked from Joni's)... can't wait to catch up on all the happenings of your life! WAHOO!