Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Destructive Boredom

I heard the term "destructive boredom" on a Supernanny episode, and it perfectly describes Maddie's Sunday.

First of all, as I was trying to prepare my primary lesson Sunday morning, Maddie decided to cover herself with ballpoint pen tattoos. Take a look.



Later that evening, we had our friends Nate & Andrea over for dinner. Maddie always loves playing with their son Carter.

After dinner, the two kids ran downstairs to "go hide." When we didn't hear or see them again for a while, I decided I had better go check on them. I went downstairs to the toy room/computer room, and the door was closed. I tried to open it, but it wouldn't budge. I pushed a little harder, and this is what I found:




The two of them had dumped every toy and toy container in front of the door to barricade themselves inside! I couldn't believe it. Luckily I found it too funny to get mad. And they were really good helpers at cleaning it all up.

4 comments:

Holly said...

i know exactly what you mean about destructive boredom! and you have to be especially vigilant, it seems, when an accomplice is around. :)

Cory & Alli said...

Too funny! These posts just scare Cory from having kids. I have to promise him that our kids will be clean. LoL! -Tell him it's possible! j/k!

Smith Family said...

What a perfect term!!! We've had plenty of moments like that around our house too. I gotta say the marker tattoos were soooo hilarious! Did they come off with some scrubbing or is she still wearing them around?

Growinguptogether said...

Your 4th of July pictures made Ryan and I jealous. We miss boating, but I don't want to have a boat until the boys are old enough to help with it.
The other day I ask the boys to get the sheets off their beds and walked into their room to find everything off, the matresses, bed skirts, and all. Kids.