Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Olive Fingers

Maddie loves olives as much as her mommy does. Here she is proudly showing her first set of olive fingers.

Tax season is definitely upon me, so the posts may be few and far between these next few weeks. For those of you who haven't heard, I've started working for a different accounting firm this year. Last tax season, I worked right up until tax day, then I had Kennedy and took the rest of the year off. Last fall I was approached by another company and offered a job where I work entirely from home. I decided it would be a good opportunity, and so far it is working out great. I have a really nice computer setup at home as well as some reliable babysitter help. It is great not to have to drive downtown anymore and to have the flexibility to work whatever hours I want. And although I'm stressed and busy now, I know it will only last for six more weeks. I'll continue to work a little during the off-season, but it will be much more relaxed. I certainly can't complain since I'm not aware of any other jobs that can give you a 9 month maternity leave, let you work from home whatever hours you want, and pay you enough to make you want to keep working! And with that, we're officially counting the days until April 15th...

No comments: