Tuesday, March 4, 2008

First Haircut

The evidence:
  1. 10 month-old baby awakes March 4 with a mysterious bald spot on the back of her head.
  2. 3 year-old sister seen with her father's razor during the late evening hours of March 3.
What do you think? Is it enough for a conviction?



Now normally, my balding little babies don't require a haircut until closer to age two. But it looks like Maddie decided to take the initiative. This bald spot has really baffled me all day, and it wasn't until after consulting a few other opinions that I have decided it definitely looks shaved. Grandma asked Maddie if she put the razor on Kennedy's head and she replied, "Me and mommy think so." But Maddie truly doesn't seem to remember doing it. I don't think she knows that razors can cut (although I thought I had taught her not to touch it!), and she might have been pretending to comb Kennedy's hair. But it seems we will never know for sure exactly what happened. I just hope her hair can grow back quickly!

Be sure to cast your vote as to Maddie's guilt or innocence in the poll on the right side of the page!

6 comments:

Cory & Alli said...

That is too funny! -And sad! Poor Kenna! I made Cory drop what he was doing to come see! Better buy more headbands!

Cory & Alli said...

-is Kenna supposed to be getting into the cleaning supplies??? he! he! j/k!

Growinguptogether said...

The Mannings are home sick with the flu, so catching up on blogs is a nicer alternative to taking Troy's temp another time.
I had to laugh at alli comment b/c I thought the same thing. However, we both know you are much more observant then 99% of most mothers.
Usually kids tell you what they did b/c they don't realize that what they did was bad or they don't think we will freak out, so she probably trully doesn't think that she did it. Funny. Definetly a scrapbook page for fun laughs when they're older. Vicky

Aaron & Amanda said...

This picture can also serve as proof to Aaron that he should install the childproof locks on the cabinets again! I let her open and explore the cabinets because that was the only way I could get her to hold still for the picture.:)

Rachael said...

amanda your kids are so cute! i think for sure she is guilty!! alli gave me your blog info, so cute !

Ruth said...

Hi Amanda. It's Ruth (Black). So glad to see you're doing well! I agree with Rach, your girls are darling and I LOVE their names. :)

I didn't know you are an accountant. Maybe you can make a paper chain for your count-down to April 15. However, while you're looking forward to tax season ending, I'm hoping it goes by slowly--I'm still trying to figure out how to file my taxes from over here in England. Agh!!!