Thursday, February 7, 2008

Elder Alex Murray

We have been anxiously waiting for my brother Alex's mission call to come these past few weeks. With the passing of President Hinckley, it took a little longer than we had anticipated. Yesterday, the envelope arrived.

Alex will be serving as a representative of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the California San Diego mission!!! Anyone who knows my family will understand how hilarious and unbelievable this mission call is! Both of my parents grew up in San Diego. All of my grandparents live there as well as numerous aunts, uncles, and cousins. Several times a year for as far back as I can remember, my family has made the requisite pilgrimage down to southern California. What's more is my sister Alli and her husband Cory might very likely be moving to San Diego in the fall so he can attend medical school at UCSD. I can't think of a better place for Alex to serve!

Another interesting fact is that Alex is probably among the first batch of missionaries to be called by President Monson. Congratulations Alex!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

That is so funny, Amanda! I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!! I also can't believe how grown up Alex looks!