Monday, February 9, 2009

Bahamas Cruise Vacation: Day 2, Part II

Before boarding the ship, Nate and Andrea were kind enough to share their motion sickness patches with us. Aaron couldn't help teasing Nate about how funny they looked, but he ended up putting one on himself a few hours later!


the lifeboat drill

enjoying our first of many meals

Once we got settled into our rooms, Andrea and I attended a shopping seminar held in one of the lounges. The designated shopping expert shared some advice on shopping in the Bahamas. He held a raffle at the end of the show for the hundred or so people in attendance, and my name was drawn! I won this 1/2 carat diamond and sapphire necklace!

I was especially excited since I thought this might make up for Aaron losing his wedding ring at the Cocoa Beach hotel. Luckily, we found his ring several days later in my makeup bag! I have no idea how it got there. . .:)

our first dinner
I discovered my nightly dessert of the famous Chocolate Melting Cake, which made an excellent fondue dip when paired with a tropical fruit plate. As any cruise veteran knows, one of the best parts of a cruise is the food! And you can order as many appetizers, entrees, or desserts as you would like. Right, Nate?:)


After dinner every evening, we enjoyed a show in the lounge, which mostly consisted of comedians. Some were better than others, and we only heard two Mormon jokes (something about polygamy and non-drinking).

Although our ship, the Carnival Sensation, was plenty big and spotlessly clean, the decor was a sight to behold! We learned that our cruise was the last for the ship before being dry-docked for five weeks and undergoing $70 million in renovations. So the ship's next passengers should enjoy the upgrade.
Soon to come, Day 3. . .

1 comment:

Melanie said...

What a win! I am so happy for you! I definitely want to cruise for the food!