Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Maddie turns 4! - Part II

It took a while to recover from the birthday party with eight 3-& 4-year-olds, but we're back with part II of Maddie's fun-filled 4th Birthday!

First, here are some facts about Madelyn:

Born: Friday, August 6, 2004 at 2:51 AM (after 31 miserable hours of labor)

Favorite color: red (Red is also her dad's favorite color, which is why Maddie likes to refer to him as "Matching-favorite-colors.")

Favorite food: crepes (that her daddy makes, with chocolate filling of course)

Favorite movie: Toy Story (the first one)

Favorite mischievous act: sneaking fistfuls of cake! (when will she outgrow this? and when will I learn she can't be trusted alone in the same room as a cake?!?)

Favorite mispronounced words: "crash cran" (trash can), "yolee bar" (granola bar), "skabetti" (spaghetti)

Dislikes: tomatoes, crust, and sun in her eyes (see previous June post, "Heard at the Hansen home")

Maddie's Quote of the day (said with great enthusiasm) : "Now that I'm 4 years old I get four-minute time-outs!!!"

We love you Madelyn!

Here are some more birthday pics. What a fun day!

Dinner at Texas Roadhouse
The servers sang while Maddie rode the saddle!

Snow White Princess cake

I must be turning into my Grandma Sylvia--
taking pictures of all of my cakes...

On the way to dinner,
Maddie covered herself in her new lip gloss
that Martha gave her for her birthday.

2 comments:

Smith Family said...

cute cake!! I wish I had that kind of talent. I love the mispronounced words! so hilarious

We love you Maddie! Happy Birthday

Holly said...

awesome cake, amanda! you SHOULD take pictures with it after all the hard work you put into it! and i love the hair, too. :)